Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trader Joe's - Save the World Lottery

I'm trying to be more environmentally friendly, so I've started to buy and use reusable grocery bags. Last night I brought one to use at Trader Joe's. I told the cashier that I had brought my own bag and she asked me, "Did you want to enter our drawing? Since you brought your own bag, you're eligible to enter the drawing to win $25 in free groceries."

Sweet! There were benefits to bringing your own bag! AND it's about time that I won something again. My answer, "SURE! Thanks!"

So she's bagging up my groceries and continues to talk, "Yeah, we have a drawing at the end of the ______*. Don't be disappointed if you don't win, though. A lot of people shop here."

* I don't remember if she said week or month...I'm pretty sure it's at the end of the week.

ARGH. Way to burst my bubble, TJs. So sad. I hope I win anyway. If not, I guess I'll just keep on trying.... You should too! Just not at my Trader Joe's. :)

No comments: