Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Electrical Shock

I'm moving in about two weeks, so I have been getting ready by collecting boxes and starting to pack up all the little things that I don't use. Yesterday, I had a brilliant idea -

"I should call SoCal Edison to schedule the power to be shut off on May 24 so I don’t have to worry about it later!”

But being the savvy with the “internets,” I wanted to check their webpage to see if I could save myself a phone call and do it online. I logged on to the SCE site and there it is on the left hand side – “Turn Off Service.” Awesome. I clicked on the link and filled out the first part (which asks for your current address and the transfer address or final billing address), then pressed “Submit.” It started to process my request…and it was taking quite a while…then it took me to a weird advertisement page that was giving me my telephone options at my new address…oh shoot, is the request complete? They didn’t even ask for a shut off date yet…AWWW DANGIT…is this only for immediate service?! Am I not going to have power tonight?!?!

So much for saving myself a phone call. I spent the next half hour on the phone with SCE (mostly on hold because they transferred me so much) making sure that my power wouldn’t be shut off. As it turns out, the request didn’t even go through. Argh.

The End

No comments: