Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Love Twix

And the Twix company loves me. I bet you're wondering how I know. It's cuz they told me themselves. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Here's the story.

It was the middle of dead week and I was sitting in class, supposedly listening to a lecture. I was tired and needed some sugar, so I bought myself a Twix bar. Problem was...the vending machine was kinda warm on the inside, so when I got the Twix, it was of...hmmm...compromised quality. You know how candy bars stand on one side when they're in a vending machine? Well, when you combine that with a lower-than-recommended storage temperature, things happen. In this case, the caramel liquified and pooled at the bottom of the wrapper, then resolidified. Essentially I had edible cheater chopsticks. Do you see the image in your head? I would've taken a picture of it, but I ate it anyway. It was pretty gross.

Anyhow, back in undergrad, I had an obsession with Nestle Turtles, so I would occasionally need to call their quality assurance hotline to let them know about a sub-excellent experience with a package of Turtles. I don't have quite the obsession with Twix bars, but I felt the need to share my experience with them. The customer service representative was very apologetic, thanked me over and over again for the pleasant-about-a-sad-subject report and showed me lots of love!

So there you have it. And don't be sad if you think you can't get any love from them. There's plenty to go around! :)

No comments: