Saturday, January 03, 2009

Four Square

Okay, so this may date me, but I'm going to write it anyway...

On New Year's Day, the family (big family - small and big kids) got together to play some games and get some exercise. There was a 2 hour game of kickball, a warm-up for a game of Ultimate Frisbee, some biking, some basketball, and other random things (boys seeing who could kick the ball the farthest). Then everyone packed up to leave...except four people. Two of my cousins, my brother, and I decided to play a friendly game of Four Square. Do you remember how to play that? Anyway, the two boys decided that they would make the rules - only bubbles and high wires. I only understood half of that. So we start playing. It was 10 minutes into the game - probably 5 minutes were spent chasing the ball around - when I got my first demonstration of 'bubbles.' Silly boys. That's not a real rule. Well, I guess it was invented after I played it - or I never played the cheater way!

But I also was in the D square most of the game. Better learn how to use "bubbles" huh? Or just stick to Dodgeball...

Here's a new way to play four square - on a ping pong table!

No comments: