Saturday, May 30, 2009

Got the Cooking Bug...

I've been cooking a lot lately - lots of new things. Here are a couple highlights:

My first attempt at risotto...
This involved lots of stirring, my goodness. Surprisingly, it came out looking nice and creamy, like they show it on T.V. Taste? It was okay. Maybe it was the recipe I followed? Or maybe it's because it really shouldn't be eaten by itself. Yeah, I forgot to make something to go with it. You know, all the stirring was a little distracting. Oh well. At least I can say that I've made it once.

Peanut sauce - without peanuts...
My brothers have been telling me that I'm missing out because I can't eat satay. (I'm allergic to peanuts, so I can't have the peanut sauce.) My siblings and one of my cousins have been telling me for years (literally) to find a recipe and make it with almond butter instead of peanut butter. Problem was (I told myself), I wouldn't know if it was a good recipe because I've never had peanut sauce before. Well, I finally saw this recipe that looked good on T.V. and decided to try it. What I didn't do was write the recipe down. So a couple days after I saw the show, I went out, bought the ingredients (What ingredients, you ask? The ones on the list I had in my head...), and made the sauce. Turned out really good! But when I looked up the recipe, it was waaaay off. So essentially, I created a sauce that I liked. Mixed it up with some noodles and veggies, and found myself a new favorite recipe! Now to apply this sauce to other recipes...

Conclusion: I'm making satay tonight! Whooohooo!! No Laker game, so I've got the time to experiment! We'll see how the chicken turns out. :)

No comments: