Friday, January 29, 2010

1-800-4-QWERTY

As I've been listening to the radio and watching TV this past week, I've gotten more and more irritated with the way that people/companies display their phone numbers. Example...

George Clooney did a very nice thing in organizing the telethon for the people of Haiti. Celebrities all came together to donate their time and talents to get people to watch and give. The problem was...everytime they displayed their number, it was displayed like this:

877-99-HAITI

Usually they would give another number right below, giving the real number so you don't have to go searching for the numbers that correspond to the letters on your phone. Helpful, right? I thought so.

But no, they didn't do that, and I have a smartphone. With a full keyboard. I didn't know what number to dial. But that's okay...I'll give somewhere else.

1 comment:

Mark said...

We should be marketers, since all of the other marketers are dumb.