Sunday, May 23, 2010

St. Regis for Brunch

This was easily the most money I've spent on an individual meal in a long time...but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I was going to post all of the pictures that I took, but I'll just give you a couple of the highlights. It may look like I only had sweet stuff for brunch, but to be honest, I didn't take pictures until halfway through the meal because I was so excited to eat! So...no pictures of the hot food or the omelet bar. Here's the sweet stuff...pecan roll, waffle with fresh strawberries and cream, a scone and jam...This might not be the best of pictures, but I'll explain what is on the plate above. A spoonful of creme brulee, a coconut macaroon, a chocolate covered strawberry (looks a little light...like the chocolate has bloomed, but the light is just reflecting off of the gold dust on the chocolate), and a peach cheesecake in the shot glass.
And the final dessert - a warm chocolate lava cake with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum.

No comments: