Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tell him to shut his PI hole!

A man in Japan (by the name of Haraguchi) recited PI to 100,000 decimal places today, which he also claimed was a "new world record." The "old" record was set by Haraguchi in 1995, but this was never entered into the Guinness Book of World Records. Oops! No record for you!

To be sure that he didn't cheat (cuz maybe he cheated the first time and that's why it was never entered as a REAL record), the man was videotaped the entire time - including bathroom breaks. I wonder how closely they monitored those. The staff needed to rotate supervision of Haraguchi cuz it took so freaking long! I wonder how many of them had actually counted to 100,000 before. I haven't. Maybe I should start. Anyone want to time me? Eh, nevermind. Too lazy.

He began at 9 a.m. on Tuesday and ended at 1:28 a.m. Wednesday.

Anyhow, here's the whole story.

No comments: