Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Peanut Allergy and the Snickers Bar

Some people think that it's unfortunate that I am allergic to peanuts. Apparently I am missing out on some of the best food in the world (Pssh...Reese's Peanut Butter Cups....Peanut Butter Cookies....Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches...dessert pizzas with peanut butter...Snickers bars...peanut sauce...peanut dressing...blahblahblah).

Well...LET ME TELL YOU...there's only one snack on that list that makes me mad...SNICKERS! This is why...

They recently (in the past couple years) introduced a new addition to their candy bar family - Snickers Almond. Those devils, with their advertising trickery, led me to believe that I could finally eat a Snickers bar. I'm not usually super-conscientious when it comes to reading food labels, but I happened to read this one...and it said, "CONTAINS PEANUTS." Should they call it Snickers with peanuts and almonds? Snickers MIXED NUTS?! ARRRRRRGH!!!!! Oh well...another crushed dream.

So if you're ever with me shopping for candy, keep me away from Snickers Almond. Oh, and I'm allergic to hazelnuts too. I guess I'll just have to stick with the good ol' Twix - no, not the AWESOME Twix with Peanut Butter - and Kit Kat bars :)

No comments: