Monday, November 26, 2007

Speaking of Christmas Shoes...

My brother shared with me his perspective on the song (Christmas Shoes). And no, he was not trying to tell me how wonderfully sweet the little boy was. Here's his take...

The song is about a salesman-in-training...someone that my brother would like to hire. He admires the little boy's entrepreneurial spirit - going out to buy something that is initially out of his price range, but using his persuasive techniques to have complete strangers contribute to a cause that they know little about. Not only that, the kid says "Could you hurry sir..." Not only is the kid convincing strangers to give him money, he's tellin them to hurry up!

Who would've thought that this song could relay so many different messages...

Stephen Colbert doesn't support Halloween because he believes that it is panhandling...and that it is training children to be beggars. I wonder if he'd think the same thing about this song.

No comments: