Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Seeing Magic Johnson

A few of us went to watch the Lakers vs. Kings game back on March 9, and my brother got us box tickets! That meant that we used the VIP entrance, not the general entry.

As we were getting into the elevator to get to our box, I was looking around and saw this tall guy walking toward us. I didn't have my glasses on, so I squinted to get a better look. It was Magic Johnson! Crazy! I was speechless. But I wanted to make sure that the others I was with saw him, so I tried to tell them...

"Gr..."

Hmm...okay, start again...

"Grandpa...look...its...uh...Ma..Magic!"

As I was talking to my sissy this past weekend, I realized that I was completely starstruck...which is not my norm! But I asked my brother what he was thinking when he saw Magic, and he was more speechless than I was. He said that his jaw dropped and didn't come back up until the elevator door closed. Then he said, "Dang, we should've waited to take the next elevator with Magic..."

Hindsight is 20/20.

No comments: