Saturday, March 29, 2008

Orlando Food Tour - Brio Tuscan Grille and Disney's Brown Derby

I was in Orlando for 5 days (but really just 3 days - the other two were traveling days), and I got to eat some good food!

First notable location: Brio Tuscan Grille
Sorry, West Coast folks...Brio is mostly scattered around the East Coast, and the nearest location would be in Las Vegas...
I had their Brio chopped salad (LOVED it) and Romano crusted tomatoes (these were pretty tasty too!). Then I tried one of their tiny little desserts! They have individual desserts served in little tea cups (milk chocolate caramel cake, NY cheesecake, orange creme brulee, white chocolate bread pudding, tiramisu, etc.) - the perfect size to make them hard to resist, even after a full meal! Tried the bread pudding...so good! :) It might have been a different story if it was a full-sized dessert.

Second notable location: Disney's Hollywood Brown Derby
The inventors of the Cobb Salad and the famous Grapefruit cake!
Since I got to the restaurant after they closed their kitchens, the front desk let me take a piece of their grapefruit cake to go. I stumbled across a recipe for this cake on the internets a while ago...and it was pretty good...but it definitely did not do this cake justice! Finished the whole thing myself and it made me sad that I couldn't have more. :(

Anyway, those were the two highlights. I'm so full just thinking about them...

No comments: