Sunday, July 16, 2006

National Ice Cream Month

July is National Ice Cream Month, as declared by President Reagan; but it is by mere coincidence that I have been crazily obsessed with ice cream for the past two weeks.

One example, for instance, is Blue Bell ice cream. I'm from California, so I've never heard of it, but it's supposed to be pretty great. So I've done searches, and more searches, and more searches. All I found is that you can buy it directly from their factory (in Texas), and it's only $90 for 4 half-gallons. It might seem like a steep price for ice cream, but luckily one of the Blue Bell fans quickly straightened me out. That comes out to about $4-5 dollars/pint, "which is just a little more than one would pay for Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daaz." Argh, I'm such a cheapskate that I don't even buy Ben & Jerry's at it's regular price of $3.99 or whatever it is. I wait until it's 2 for $5!!!!!!! I still have some soul searching to do before jumping on this $90 ice cream. AND I'm still debating a purchase of liquid nitrogen to make my own ice cream.

I blog about ice cream a lot, don't I? OH, what a fat kid...

No comments: