Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Cereal and Milk

When my siblings and I were younger, we loved to eat cereal. Ice Cream Cones cereal, Nintendo cereal, Crispy Wheats 'n Raisins (that was just me, my sissy has accurately classified it as glorified raisin bran), Smores cereal, Circus Animals cereal (what other long lost wonders am I missing?)...if you've never heard of these cereals, there are two possible reasons:

1) You're too young (either too young to remember or you weren't born yet)
2) You are getting old and losing precious brain cells

Well, okay, maybe a third...

3) It's too painful to remember that those awesome cereals once existed and they don't have them now, so you're blocking them from your memory...and they will resurface in your next therapy session.

Anyway...our parents never made us drink the milk from our cereal. They had no problem with some of the sugar getting left behind in the milk and us not drinking it. In fact, I had no idea that people drank their cereal milk until I was in college. I watched one of my friends do it and was kinda awed.

I still don't drink my cereal milk, but I did master the skill of pouring just enough milk that there's none left over when I'm done with the cereal. (I don't do it all the time, but know that I DO have the skill.)

No comments: